The Primary Election will take place Aug. 14, 2018.
The General Election will take place Nov. 6, 2018.
National, state and county general elections are held in November of even-numbered years. National, state and county primaries are held in August of even-numbered years. Minnesota has a consolidated primary ballot that allows voters to make a secret choice of a major party primary.
School districts hold elections in November of odd-numbered years. These elections have different polling locations than general elections. Visit your school district's website for more details.
Election results are available on the Minnesota Secretary of State's website.
Election judges are needed for the primary and general elections
Washington County is seeking individuals to work at Woodbury polling locations during the Aug. 14 primary election and Nov. 6 general election.
Election judges and election judge trainees are the officials who staff polling locations and ensure the rights of voters are protected on Election Day.
Election judges must be at least 18-years-old and trainees must be at least 16-years-old.
Other required qualifications include:
* U.S. citizenship
* Minnesota residency
* Possession of voting rights
* Ability to read, write and speak English
* Completion of training (minimum of two hours)
Student election judges qualifications:
* Must be at least 16-years-old
* Have approval from their parents and their school's principal
* Must submit a written request to their principal at least 10 days prior to Election Day
* Must complete an application that is to be signed by their parents/guardians and their school's principal
Election judges must be able to:
* Communicate clearly with voters
* Enjoy helping others
* Be available to work long hours
* Show attention to detail
For additional information, including application materials, visit the Washington County Elections website, or contact Washington County Elections at firstname.lastname@example.org or (651) 430-6790.