Before repairs begin, here is a list of questions that homeowners should ask their contractor:
- Are you licensed and insured?
- Have you completed curb stop repairs before? How many?
- How long will it take you to complete the repair?
- Do you plan to obtain a permit and have your work inspected by the plumbing inspector? (A permit is required in the City of Woodbury.
- Will this repair require the water to be shut off to my neighbors? If so, How long?
*The city must to be notified 48 hours prior to water being shut off to neighbors.
*City staff will turn off main line valves if necessary.
*The repair must be coordinated with the city’s Utility Division.
- Do you require the employees working on this job to:
*Use proper personal protective equipment?
*Use proper shoring or a trench box?
*Use proper traffic control?
- How much will the repair cost?
- Who will do the restoration?
- How much will the restoration cost?